LinkedIn Marketing Strategy Blog
How to Join More Than 50 LinkedIn Groups, and Why Doing So Will Grow Your Business
I talk a lot about LinkedIn groups. Often times, I talk about the power of starting and running your own LinkedIn group.
Simply because LinkedIn groups are a ridiculously powerful platform for positioning your business in front of prospects on a daily basis.
But that’s not what this article is about. This article is focused on one of the key pillars for leveraging OTHER groups to really increase your reach. This article is about your content distribution strategy.
Follow the tactics outlined here and you will:
- Dramatically increase traffic to your website.
- Consistently grow your LinkedIn connections.
- Reinforce your message over and over with thousands of potential prospects.
- Grow your name recognition immensely.
- Establish yourself as a consistent authority.
- Generate more leads.
- Increase sales.
- Drink margaritas on the beach.
Ok, the last one is really up to you. But if you follow the steps I’m about to outline, you will have no choice but to accept numbers one through seven on the above list.
Join More Than 50 Groups
It’s fairly common knowledge that you can be a member of up to 50 LinkedIn groups. But did you know you can be actually be a member of more than 50 groups?
The way to achieve this is by joining the subgroups of the groups you are already a member of.
You can be a member of an unlimited number of subgroups, for the groups you are a member of. Although LinkedIn caps the amount of subgroups you can be a part of to 50, this still gives you the ability to double the number of groups you’re utilizing to build your business.
Why You Should Join Every Subgroup
If you are actively creating and promoting valuable content within LinkedIn, then it should be clear to you why this is a powerful strategy.
You’re already generating lots of traffic to your website, people that you’ve never met or heard of know you, and business is pretty good.
You’re sharing content on a regular basis to your 50 groups, and if you’re doing it right this content is reaching over a million people. Think about the power of adding another 50 groups to your arsenal.
Yep, it’s a big deal.
But Don’t These Subgroups Include the Same People as the Main Group?
Yes, they do.
Here’s the question I’ll ask you in return: Where do you have a better chance of standing out? In the main group that has 100,000 members or the subgroup that has 500 or 1,000?
This is a brilliant way to cut through the clutter and greatly increase the chances that your message will be seen.
Think of the daily email digests you receive from large groups. There are so many discussions that you often just hit delete.
But with subgroups, you know the open rate for these daily email digests is far greater. The chances of your content being seen within the subgroups is far greater.
It’s really a no brainer, and guaranteed to make a big difference for your business.
Your Next Steps
Here’s what I want you to do next.
- Figure out which 50 groups will make the most impact for your business. I recommend that most of them be the types of groups where your prospects are hanging out.
- Join all of the subgroups of these main groups.
- Develop a content creation strategy. How will you generate powerful, valuable content that your prospects will love?
- Develop a clear content distribution strategy for promoting content throughout a variety of LinkedIn groups.
- Share your content on a regular basis. Make it much easier to manage by adding the LinkedIn Share button to your site. (See up there at the top of this article? That’s it.)
- Rinse and repeat.
It is a multifaceted approach. You have to have great content, and you have to have a great strategy for distributing the content and gaining attention.
LinkedIn groups are a very critical platform for doing just that, but don’t stop at 50.
If you’d like even more resources on how to successfully grow your business using LinkedIn, please subscribe to our mailing list below. We will soon be releasing THE definitive guide to building your business within LinkedIn. No stone will be left unturned, I know you’re going to love it. Sign up here and we’ll let you know as soon as it’s available.